Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blog by Marcus

Hey guys, this is 11 year old Marcus, the 2nd oldest off the clan. I’m so eager for the mission trip but in the same time nervous. I’m going with my older brother, Mom, and Dad to the D.R. in August for a visit and to check things out. I have 4 other siblings, Alec (13), Ellah (8), Madelyn (6), and Isaac (3).
    But anyway, I think going to the Dominican Republic will be a great experience and will make me a lot more open to God. I am currently writing a book titled: “A Risen King,” a Christen book, and I am starting to notice that what the book is really about, (Christ), is slowly fading as I get further into the book. I am hoping that I will soon get it published, but I’m not totally sure that it will happen. You see, I have been writing different books since I was 7, and I’ve never even gotten 5 pages into it without quitting, and I never knew why until I started to write A Risen King. It all comes clear now, since I have been writing all but Christen books, God hasn’t been helping. He knew that at sometime I would finally decide to write a book focused on him. But now that I am putting him less into the book it isn’t going to be easy until I do point the spotlight to him. Maybe going to the Dominican Republic will help.

I’ll be sure to let you guys know if I get my book finished! J
Thanks for Everything!
-Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment