Monday, June 30, 2014

Crash!!

Hey guys, Marcus here. So today I’m going to be writing about something that takes place about two days ago. Well it started off like this…

It was a nice day, a day that I had actually slept in, Saturday. The sky was a brilliant blue, the sun was shining, and the chore chart was full. Yep, we had chores on the day that most people relax. Sweeping the front porch, living room, bedrooms, and back patio. Also picking up shoes, doing laundry, and the one that Alec and I dread the most: Picking the mangos up off of the roof. Most of you probably know that we have a mango tree that hangs right over our roof. So every week the two of us have to go up there and separate all the good mangos from the bad, and then put them in trash bags. Last Saturday we had seven bags of bad mangos and four bags of good mangos. And doing that probably took around an hour or two. So when we were all done with our fifty-thousand chores, two of our interns, James and Sam, came over to get their hair cut. So while we were finishing up cutting the second intern’s hair, we heard none other than the very common sound in the Perrotto’s house, a big loud CRASH!! And of course it was coming from mine and Alec’s room. We both raced upstairs only to see Isaac standing there crying. Well that’s a relief, he probably just fell off the bed or something. I took him downstairs and everything was fine… or so I thought. I could still hear running water coming from my bathroom. I went back up stairs and into the bathroom and saw our sink laying on the ground and water spraying everywhere. Alec ran downstairs and got my dad and the two interns both upstairs, my mom following. Well while everybody was getting towels, my mom just simply turned off the exposed pipe. So now Alec and I have no sink in our bathroom. Sooner or later we’ll get another one, but for now I guess we will just have to get used to the one downstairs. Isaac cut his foot a little bit on the shattered sink, but nothing too bad thankfully.

Well lesson learned I guess. Isaac should never be allowed to wash his hands on unstable sinks without a stepstool or someone else’s help.

Please keep us in your prayers and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment