Friday, August 29, 2014

Adios!


Hey guys. Marcus here. So today I’m to be writing about something that has taken place two days ago (Wednesday). So, here we go!

At the very beginning of the summer, I cut my finger in our fan. So about a day later, I asked one of the Romano’s this, ‘What is the most painful thing you have ever experienced?’ Their answer I got was ‘Saying goodbye.’ Well, I kinda wanted to say ‘Yeah whatever.’ But I managed to keep it to myself. I guess I never realized how right she was until Wednesday…

So after saying goodbye to most of our beloved interns (James, Sam, Kristen, Anderson, and Brittany), we still had three left. Who? Well, if you really want to know, it was Meagan, Adam and Laura. Meagan was like the older sister I never had. And she sure acted like it, too. Bossy yet kind-hearted, annoying but hilarious. Well she left a day before Adam and Laura did, so they came over for lunch the next day. Well Adam and Laura were a young married couple from New Jersey (meaning they had ridiculously funny accents), maybe in their mid-twenties. The thing is they arrived like a month before the other interns did, and they stayed the longest, too. So Laura was… well… a short, funny, feisty, go-getting Colombian girl. Now Adam, well, he was definitely one to remember. He liked to hear what I had to say. But not only did he listen, he actually talked back. Even though we had like 15 years of age difference, we still were ‘friends.’ We talked about stuff, from the new Xbox to his broken pinky knuckle. And then I had to say goodbye. I never knew how painful it was to say goodbye. I mean, I know I’ll see my family again back in NE, but I may never see these guys again. They were like family to me. 

Here is a picture of Adam, Laura, Alec and me down below. Well, I’m sorry to say, but this is the end of this blog ;) Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope you have a blessed fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment