Sunday, July 12, 2015

Not a Goodbye

  

Hey there! Marcus here. Sorry for not blogging since May, we’ve been really busy with the teams. We’re off for the week, so I finally have time to write. We’ve had some pretty awesome groups and interns these past few weeks. Some from Michigan, Minnesota, two from Ohio, Washington, and other places.

We also had an awesome intern named Rachael, who just left yesterday (Saturday). Here, let me tell you more about her.  Rachael was from Hong Kong, but currently lives in California. She’s 18, and was only here for 5 weeks, but it seemed like a few short days. She was a great person, positive, motivating, and very encouraging. I rarely ever saw her upset. I’m sure all of us appreciated her, especially the rest of the interns.  

Now, back to what I was saying. The recent groups have all been really fun in different ways. There’s been plenty of people that I’ve gotten to know and love. But the hardest part is saying goodbye, especially with the team that just left. I’ve been told that it’s not really goodbye, it’s just ‘see you later,’ cause we’ll see them in heaven. But that’s a ways away, and who knows, maybe they won’t make it to heaven (only kidding!) Anyway, it’s kinda hard to believe that our summer is already half over, but it sure has been eventful, exhausting, and most of all fun.

We also work with other interns, too. Jacob, Ana, Laura, Abby, and a new one named Avalon that’s coming at the end of the month. They’re all really supportive, kind, helpful, loving, and just enjoyable to be around. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like when we say goodbye… I mean see you later. That’s one of the downsides of being here in the Dominican Republic. People come for a week, get to know us, and then leave. I mean, sure, I love meeting new people every week, I really do. And I’ve met some pretty cool people here, who have amazing faith and wisdom. But when it comes to saying see you later, it’s just really hard and painful. But, I’ve been told that if it’s hard to say goodbye, then that just means that you’ve loved well. And you just have to ask yourself, would you trade the pain of leaving them for the joy of meeting them? My answer is no.

So, that’ll be it for today’s blog. I might not be able to blog until our next off week (August), but I’m glad I was able to squeeze this one in. So, I’ll see you later, and thanks so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Marcus! I enjoy reading your blogs and I'm glad you were able to squeeze in time to write again. You have a gift for writing, little bro.

    ReplyDelete