Tuesday, April 15, 2014

STOP!

Right now as we fly over the Atlantic Ocean, on our way from JFK to the Santiago, Dominican Republic, I am finally still.  I can’t prepare anymore for this trip because it is happening right now.  As we soar at 40,000 feet, I look over at my kids and see them catching a nap or reading or playing a game on an electronic device, or at my wife and I see her finally relaxing with a good book, and I can’t help but let out a big sighhhhhhhhhh. 

The last several months and especially the last few weeks have been well, let me think, busy, no that doesn’t seem to cover it.  How about chaotic, no that seems too negative.  Since every day for the last forever, it seems, we have been on the go from morning to night trying to get ready, I think a good word is constant.  From getting simple home repairs completed, to selling many of our possessions, to storing some things we chose to keep for our return, to taking loads to the Open Door Mission, to the kids finishing school, to wrapping up my career and helping train the new guy, to closing accounts and opening new ones, to on and on and on….

We finally have a chance to take a breath and look back at this time and rejoice because all the preparation and rushing around came to a screeching halt at 11:10am this morning (Monday April 14, 2014) when the wheels of our Regional Jet left the ground.  I think our family and friends felt much of the busyness as they have been at our house off and on (probably more on than off) helping us do everything.  We can’t say thank you enough to them.  They have supported us in prayer and in assistance so much through this stage of our Mission.  Without their help, we would still need a few more months to prepare.  I don’t know how you help someone you love leave the country, when deep down you don’t want them to go.  But they did it, over and over again, selfless and giving and supportive.  We love you all and will miss you dearly!!  I know it is not enough, but THANK YOU!

We will keep you posted as we get settled into our new home and way of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment