Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Yesterday...


Hello, Marcus here. If you haven’t already heard from my last blog, I’m 11…well, going to be 12 on the 30th. So we’ve been here for eight tough and emotional days. So yesterday was a pretty eventful day I guess, well, except for school.

So we went to the Connection Café (part of the Mission), and ate dinner, which was a ham sandwich. We met the Romano family there (the Romano’s are a family of six who are running the mission).  It was Merary’s 20th birthday, and we all went to celebrate. Merary is Jon’s girlfriend, and Jon is the oldest of the Romano kids. So the cake was designed to look like a gift, and when I saw it, I almost thought it really WAS a present. After we devoured it, our teeth turned black because of the dark spots on the cake (Mom said it was fondant or something like that). So then we talked for a while with the Romano kids, and then we headed home. It was eight o’ clock here, which is seven back in Omaha.

My parents put my three younger siblings to bed, and then left Alec and I in charge while they went to a meeting with the Romano’s about an oncoming team who are coming down this weekend. About an hour after they left, we heard our two younger sisters and brother who are sharing a room scream. We went to see what had happened, and sure enough, it was one of the many, many critters of the Dominican Republic…a lizard. About five inches long, and totally white, up on the ceiling. I shot my mom a text asking what to do, and this was her reply: “Get a broom, and try to carefully brush him out. And make sure Hunter (our dog) is outside.” Doing exactly what she said, poking and pushing him out. Then, suddenly, the lizard fell strait from the ceiling and onto the floor. He sat there for a moment, and all five of us kids were frozen is shock. And then he scampered into the guest room, until my dad and mom got home.  They found it and set it free. 

Well, that’s about it for today, so, thanks for reading…I guess.                                                                                                                                                                            

-Marcus J+++++

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Gotta love those lizards in the house that will help take care of the bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Marcus... I would have screamed too -- Miss Dee (Maddie's Kindergarten teacher at CCC)

    ReplyDelete